Tutorials: Installation Instructions for Android
Instalation of the Android wallet
- OS Version 4.1+ (Might also work with older versions - note: be carefull as this has not been tested)
- Storage: Free stroge of at least 4GB (1 or 2GB will do but may cause the application to hang).
- For best staking results make sure to have your android wallet online for 24/7 with a stable Internet Connection
- Download the .apk file from our Official Github
- Install the downloaded .apk file and make sure to choose a Custom Data Directory
- Do not choose default directory, if you have any external storage added to your device (f.e. SDCARD) point the default installation directory to: /storage/emulated/0/rpidata
- Click OK and let the wallet sync (The synchronization process takes roughly 2-4 hours, depending on your network speed).
- Make sure to create a backup of the WALLET.DAT file on a regular basis, you can find the wallet.dat in the previously configured installation directory /storage/emulated/0/rpidata/wallet.dat Important note: Copy the wallet.dat to another device in case your android device gets lost, stolen or broken
- Go to your Phone Settings -> Battery & Performance - Within Battery Saversearch for RPICoin - Choose No Restrictions to avoid that the app gets killed
- Enable the Developers menu:
Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
Tap it seven (7) times.
You should now have unlocked the Developers options, on the bottom on the main menu
- Within the Developers Options -> Turn Off Phone optimization
- Enable WIFI/Data aggressive handover within the Developers options
- Enable Mobile data always active within the Developers options
- Turn off MIUI optimization within the Developers options
Alternative backup method: Open the wallet -> File -> Backup Wallet and save it to your SDCARD or other accessible location.
You should now be able to stake on your Android device!
Application gets killed in the background
On certain devices Android tries to kill applications which are running in the background, if you have these kind of issues you can try the following:
- Lock the App from the Recent Tab section OR Pin it.
- After you lock the App within recent tabs open any other application and then go to the home screen from there. Access the app from recent tab or app icon in order to keep the wallet running